This 3-hour class will cover all aspects of running a small business in the residential construction and subcontractor trades. It will provide a foundation for understanding the key concepts and skills required for success in these industries.
Course Goals and Objectives:
- Understand the basics of starting a small business, including legal structures, business planning, and financing options.
- Learn how to understand the basic financial principles, including budgeting, forecasting, and accounting.
- Gain an understanding of marketing and sales techniques for small businesses in the residential construction and subcontractor trades.
- Develop a knowledge of project management, including scheduling, estimating, and project delivery.
- Learn best practices for managing employees, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Understand the importance of customer service and how to build lasting relationships with clients.
About the Instructor: Chris McDonald has been a successful business owner for 25 years. Not only is he a fantastic business owner he is also an award-winning contractor and an all-around great guy!